Sunday, March 22, 2015

Legion of Honor Museum

Today, my sister and I visited the Legion of Honor art museum in San Francisco. It was so incredible! Even though I've lived in California almost all of my life (fun fact, I was born in Oregon), I'd never been to this museum before my trip today! Also, I took visiting an art museum as the perfect opportunity to wear one of my slightly fancier dresses, Innocent World's "Anniversary Rose" JSK. And since it's the third day of spring, I wanted to go with a floral-themed outfit, like I spoke about in my last post. 

Dress: Innocent World
Tights: Baby, the Stars Shine Bright
Shoes, purse, hat, blouse: offbrand

I was truly in awe of all the masterpieces in the Legion of Honor collection.  There were many pieces that I've learned about in school that I'd never thought I'd see in real life. There was an entire room filled with Auguste Rodin sculptures, and an impressionism exhibit featuring works by Claude Monet and Vincent Van Gogh.

Auguste Rodin, "The Kiss"

Claude Monet, The Grand Canal, Venice

Claude Monet, Water Lillies
The Snow Field actually created a dress based on this painting!

Vincent Van Gogh, Shelter on Montmartre
Though those well-known paintings are very beautiful, my favorite was Assuaging of the Waters by John Martin.



There was also an exclusive fashion exhibit featuring pieces from throughout the ages, from influential designers such as Chanel, Dior, Charles James, and Givenchy. They reflect fashions from 1910-1980! The exhibit is open until 19 July.




If you have a chance, I highly recommend visiting the Legion of Honor museum!


2 comments:

  1. You look adorable as always!
    Monet is my favourite artist, his paintings are so delicate yet full of personality!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! <3
      I agree, the color palettes he tends to use do have a more delicate feel, yet you can really see the emotion in his work! I feel really lucky to be able to view his art in person.

      Delete