Sunday, March 8, 2015

Sweet & Tiny Review

I'd been hearing so many wonderful things about the UK-based jewelry shop Sweet & Tiny that I decided to order something for myself! I read that custom orders were available, so I chose that option and contacted the lovely shop owner.


Here's the timeline of my purchase:


25 January - First contacted her with an idea for what I wanted. I asked her to create a piece based on Angelic Pretty's Petite Patisserie print, to match my dress. I sent her this photo as a reference:

Angelic Pretty's Petite Patisserie.
Photo via Lolibrary.



I was quoted £20 for the necklace (about $30 USD) and paid half up-front for the custom order. She let me know that it would take about one week to make.


2 February - Conversed briefly with the shop owner asking about the progress of my order. I was informed that the main parts were still drying.


8 February - Asked again about how my necklace was coming along. The shop owner told me that she was waiting for a ribbon for it to arrive in the mail. I was also sent a few progress photos - and was so impressed by her work!


16 February - Spoke about how the necklace was coming along. I was informed that she'd be able to ship in two days time.


19 February - Shop owner contacted me and told me she hadn't been able to ship out my necklace, but was doing so that day. She sent me finished photos of it (and I loved it). I asked her how much I owed her for the second half of the necklace plus shipping.


22 February - Shop owner contacted me apologizing that she hadn't shipped it yet, for she was busy at La Vie En Rose, a fashion event in Paris where she was selling items from her shop. She asked me to send her slightly less than I owed, for she felt bad about how long it had taken to ship. I sent her the rest of the money that day.


3 March - The necklace arrived to me! It arrived packaged in an adorable way:


The sticker seals are a sweet finishing touch.


And here are detail photos I took of my beautiful new necklace!








Though the order took longer than quoted, I perfectly understand since not only was it a custom order that she took the utmost care with, she was also preparing for a large event in which she needed to create a high volume of items for (she creates each piece by hand). Also, her diligent communication certainly made up for it. I am EXTREMELY happy with the final product and can't wait to wear it.


Overall, here's how I'd rate my experience:


Communication: 5/5
Quality: 5/5
Likeliness to purchase more from this seller in the future: 5/5


I sincerely recommend Sweet & Tiny!

No comments:

Post a Comment