Sunday, March 1, 2015

Refining my Style

Depending on who's reading this, you may know that I'm an alternative fashion enthusiast. In my spare time, I collect (and wear!) Japanese alternative fashion styles, mostly originating in Harajuku. My two favorite styles (called Lolita and Otome-kei) are somewhat related - and recently I've been working on combining the two together. Otome-kei tends to be a bit more casual and toned down than Lolita fashion, and occasionally features clashing colors and prints, which isn't often seen in Lolita.

Recently, I went out to dinner with a friend and attempted to create a mixed style coordinate:


Outfit Rundown:
Jacket, Onepiece dress, OTK socks: Angelic Pretty
Beret, purse, shoes: offbrand

I decided to make the accent colors in this coordinate red/wine and brown. Since the jacket's stripes and cuffs feature both brighter and deeper reds, I was given the chance to incorporate both those shades into my outfit, the darker red with my beret and the lighter red with my shoes. I used a brown belt to cinch the waist of my dress, and matched it with my favorite purse. 

I am extremely happy with how this turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment